View Single Post
      09-27-2018, 08:31 AM   #124
m13s
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
This is good advice. The thing that bugs me about the formula car schools is a formula car is so far removed from the experience a student will be familiar with, or actually see in most club race environments that it can overwhelm the senses, even on the rock hard school tires they run, and you end up getting a very expensive thrill that you just barely catch up to in time to be told CONGRATS YOU'RE A RACECAR DRIVER NOW and you're sitting there going "wait what?"

But I agree it's a great one-stop shop. And you will learn a lot of good habits and be broken or at least have the bad ones pointed out to you in a real hurry. There's something to be said for immersion

Because the Formula cars are 'real' race cars I think the schools try and get you to drive intuitively and gain instinct. At least that is what I came away with. Learning to drive a slow car fast as they say, either way each student learns at their own pace. Because I am older now I can drive the caged cars all day long. Formula cars kick the ever living shit out of you, and I like soft and cushy...
Appreciate 0