02-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #33
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Try this....Do a search. Find any review or video on the M3. There is nothing but universal praise for this car. Even the GTR and F10 M5 have some criticisms, but not the M3. My 2011 M3 is my first M3, and my first BMW. Every time I drive it, I fall in love with it. After over 25 years in production, the M3 has an established heritage. It is also the benchmark of its class. I will even go so far as to say that for the driving enthusiast, it sits smack dead center in the sweet spot of car ownership, relative to any other car.

It looks are sportingly aggressive and yet not overtly flamboyant. It is a bodybuilder in a tuxedo. You can see all the muscles, but it isn't in your face. The ride/handling balance is absolute perfection. A million bucks could not buy better. The way the engine revs and sounds creates an almost narcotic-like addiction. You just want it and need it, more and more, and more. The steering is so perfectly dialed in. Super precise, and yet just a hint of muting for the street so as to not be in the least bit twitchy. The size is perfect. Large enough to feel solid and planted. Small enough to maintain agility. You can break it loose for some hooligan fun and yet it remains so controllable and predictable even when over the edge. When needed, you can utilize it as real transportation, and in the blink of an eye it can become a thrilling hot date. It also sits in the sweet spot of value. You simply will not find a better blend of performance, style, practicality, refinement and prestige at its price.

Ultimately, I will leave you all with this one idea to ponder over. If you try to reach out from the sweet spot in which the M3 sits, and try to obtain a car that does any one particular thing better, you will, with certainty, have to compromise on something else.

Everything considered, my friends, this is as good as it gets.
well said. i drank the kool aid early on and havent stopped.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0