Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow64 View Post
I had Mike tune my car several weeks ago. I was running a Vishnu Proceed with Meth before, but it was time for a change. Mike sent me a cable after a brief text conversation and a paypal transaction. My cable arrived 3 days later and I would have been ready to tune except my car was at the dealership for a bad wheel bearing (explained in another thread). I got my car back at 6:30 p.m and Mike was remote tuning my car by 8:30. Customer service is definitely one of BPMsports' strong points. The remote tuning was very simple on this end. Load the tuning software, load a remote access software, and plug in the cable. First Mike loaded the latest BMW firmware on the car (optional). Then he loaded his tune:

91 OCT (El Paso sucks)
4500 rpm warm up redline
Catless w/cold start and SES delete
Launch Control for 6MT

The launch control can be set wherever you like it. I have it set at 3500. I'd like to experiment with 4-4.5, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to maintain traction. It works like a champ though. At a stop you keep your clutch pedal fully pressed to the floor and just slam on the gas. The car will hold 3500 rpm until you feather out the clutch, then off you go.

The tune is as everyone else has posted. Very smooth and a significant improvement over the factory settings. As for whether it's better than the Proceed with meth, there's pros and cons.

Pros:
Customer Service
Flash based tune, so no interfering with the ECU/DME signal or wiring
Cold Start Delete
Warm up RPM limiting
Launch Control
No meth required
The SES has not reared its ugly head

Cons:
About a 8-10 hp reduction and any other benefits from not running meth (not proven by a dyno; the only dyno I've found in El Paso is not very good)

Mike also did the coding on my M3. I wrote a review on that in the Review forum. Since then, I was able to test the limits of the Euro MDM at an autocross weekend. I ran MDM on every run. I was able to push the car right to the limit of cornering without interference and when things got out of hand, and on a couple corners, it did, the DSC interfered and saved me from spinning out. The Euro MDM is a must.
Hi Dylan,

Good to hear you are enjoying the tune. Glad the pesky check engine light isn't a consistent burden as it was with the previous setup you were running.

You mentioned that you wanted to try the launch control at 4,000 RPM as well as higher. Check your email - have sent you two files - one of them with it set at 4,000 and the other one set at 4,500 RPM. Load them in at your leisure and let me know your thoughts. If you find that something between 4K and 4.5K would be the best, let me know and I'll shoot another file over.

Meth obviously works wonders in bringing down the IAT temperatures which leads to a power gain. If you'd like to put the Meth back on, I can write you a file suited for that and I bet you'll pickup close to 20hp. There is only so much than can be done with low octane and high elevations!

Glad you are also enjoying the Euro MDM, and thanks for your comments about our service. Happy holidays!

Mike

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0