View Single Post
      01-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #33
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Quote:
to all you Exchange people: this an Apple product. if you crave M$ products like exchange + outlook so much, then you should clearly stay away from iPhone and keep your BBs and smartphones trying to convince yourselves that it's just as good, if not better, than the iPhone. just like you can keep convincing yourselves Windows is just as good, if not better, than OS X.
Errr .... no.

I'm the tech ops manager for a software company; I'm around Exchange and Windows all day long. But when I go home, it's OS X all the way. In my opinion it's a much better os than Windows.

Problem is, Apple has no enterprise messaging system. 99% of the companies out here in Microtoon town (we're 3 miles from MS main campus) run Exchange. That means if I want corp email/contacts/scheduling when I travel, or away from a computer, I *HAVE* to have something that can hit Exchange.

It's not that I think it's a better product. Or that my smartphone/windows is better. I'd love to have an iphone, I've been preaching that there should be convergence for years. I mean, why have a monster desktop computer just to surf the web and read email when I've got a phone in my hand that's got more processing power than the 386 I used in college?

But without being able to connect to exchange for business, the iphone is nothing more than a toy. It's not the convergence item it's being pitched as since it's isolating 90% of the business users.