08-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiarush View Post
sorry to hear that man, it sounds like a problem.
those things happen to me sometimes too but its not consistant. it happens every now and then so I dont know if its a problem or not. (talking about the feel of bump in the tranny every now and then).
the breaking of the engine though never happened to me.
take it in and let them check it sa long as you are under warranty.

by the way, can you explain what you said about reving the car up with the dct from a stopping point ? i never knew it was possible and was wandering about it.

thanks
Yeah, maybe I'm just panicking but it happens every now and then too.

Regarding the car revving up and dumping the clutch on a DCT. You have to be completely stationary, and then floor the car past the button on the accelerator. When you do that, the revs will build up to 4500RPM it then it will dump the clutch and off you go. This all happens in a matter of 1.0sec. Make sure traction control is off. It's similar to a mini launch control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackReady View Post
I had the same problem with my 09 DCT. The problem is the Gear Selector Switch(GWS). If you keep driving with the problem, it will generate a fault code of 5062.

Have your dealer perform Test Plan B2360-DKPAS-M3-DKG
Okay, I will. What exactly were your experiencing? Jerkyness of the car, differential bumps from the back of the car?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by taleof2bricks View Post
I have an'08 MT, and I did have a differential "issue".

When I would back the car out of my garage and turn to the right to go on my way, I used to hear a "groaning" sound.

I bought the car w/ 27k on it earlier this year, and I only noticed the issue after I got the car back from an "extended service appointment (nothing major, just a new crate motor, due to that whole rod bearing thing ).

I took the car back to the stealership, explained the sound, and they returned the car about 3 hours later. The service order indicated that the differential had been drained and refilled). The advisor indicated something to the effect that in some cases, they needed to replace the fluid w/ something different....but that could've just been something he made up!

Seems to have resolved the issue, but in my case, there was no ironman "bump", just a distinct, groaning noise that resembled a bad wheel bearing (but wasn't).
Hmm, I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks.