10-10-2017, 05:24 AM   #31
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
some people complain that the oem DCT is clunky. any one piece shaft is going to magnify this feeling of clunky-ness. i feel like this effect is going to be even more pronounced with solid sub/diff bushings.
you'll see a benefit of running this shaft in a stock car, just know that the subframe and differential move around a lot... like about an inch during hard driving. i don't know if there is going to be any added effect, but you're going to be putting more direct power into the differential. you'll probably be fine.

the oem guibo does bend a little bit. i have solid sub/diff bushings and it was a pain in the ass, but i did it without touching the sub/diff. the trick was to slightly lift the DCT as opposed to lowering it. i discovered this when i was about to give up and started trying things i thought were illogical.
as we know, the oem shaft is easy as it bends and makes up for the clearance issue. i think i shaved about 1mm of material off the carbon shaft while i was muscling it into the pinion flange. i was carefull to push on the metal end of the shaft because this didn't stress the carbon. its possible, it just sucks. took me about 10 hours underneath the car (including sitting in the garage cursing) from start to finish.
After the adventure of installing the driveshaft a few months back, combined with this past weekend's replacement of a broken diff bolt, I've earned my PhD in garage cursing!
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 1
roastbeef11586.00