View Single Post
      04-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #60
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

I have been in cars riding with students with DSC on and still spin right off the track. Physics will win every time. If you are determined to ignore the rules then they will bite you back. What I don't like about DSC is it masks mistakes and encourages the eager driver to push the car faster than they should. no better example of how technology can get you into trouble than looking up the dozens of GTR high speed wrecks. They are amazing feats of technology until natural law says enough his enough.

I encourage DSC off all the time. grocery store trip or not. first time on a track or not.
Of course if a student insists on DSC enabled at the track I allow it. then I turn it off on them in the middle of their bad lap. guess what happens. they slow down, they hit apexes, they see reference points, they look up, they drive better!!! DSC is not a magic button.