06-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #16
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
Not so true for me, as I got mine at the end of '08 when they were trying to blow them out. I wanted a speed cloth sedan with very few options but ended up with a loaded (everything but DCT) car we had on the lot. After all the end of the year rebates, some extra discounts to move the car, and my BMW employee discount, lets just say they made me a deal I could not refuse

Believe me when I say I'm not a guy who is into technology in general. I have a crappy cell phone, a basic computer, etc. I just got into the whole i-pod thing a couple years ago. But I do love modern technology in my cars. Going from a stripped 335i to this car, I can appreciate some of the things I did not have before (bluetooth,Nav, m-drive, EDC, ect.). If I want a "pure" driving experience, I fire up the '67.
uhhhhhh.......A dealership located a few hours away from me had one '08 Sedan left and it was fully loaded. I mean it had the silverstone metallic paint, tech pkg, fox red leather, cold weather, 19 inch wheels, and almost every extra option you can imagine. The dealership was offering SERIOUS incentives including the $7500 "trunk money" on top of the discount they usually give, which ranges to a total discount from $10-15K, and perhaps even close to $20K off.

Guess what? I turned away from that M3 just because I wasn't happy with the too many options it had, and the type of options it had. Who knows, I probably could've got that M3 for the same price as the "stripped" '09 M3 that I just ordered.....Or I could've even got it a few grand cheaper than the $56K "out the door" deal that I made on the '09.

The fact is that I knew I wasn't going to be happy with that M3. And so I paid a few grand more and ordered an '09 e90 M3 that I would be completely happy with. My purpose of saying all this is because I placed more importance on getting my M3 Sedan exactly the way I wanted, and I didn't place more importance on getting the bargain of the century. Although I must admit, whoever took advantage of getting a remaining '08 M3 with that HUGE incentive.....I feel that you all truly got awesome deals.
Appreciate 0