07-31-2016, 09:58 AM   #11
Motorsportenterprise
Banned
Rep
Drives: Turbo/NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
They both sound like crap
The 991.1 is on of the best sounding cars IMO, and many others, and is even better in the GT3 and RS models.
I think the transition to the turbo 911 in terms of sound has retained a lot more of the sound of the NA car than most other cars. The m3/4 sound awful as sin and only gets worse adding an aftermarket exhaust. The e9x unless you spent money on an aftermarket exhaust didn't sound very good either. But a 991.1 with sport exhaust (oem option) is pure Motorsport bliss and absolutely incredible sounding. I get compliments by just about everyone who hears it when I have mine out.

IMO the 991.2 sounds great. It has a nice mix of air and water cooled Porsche. Inside the car, it sounds phenomenal. Outside you do get the whistling but still a nice sound...just not as nice as the NA engine.

Then again, the 991.2 also drives just as well if not better than the 991.1 and as the poster above mentions, performance went to another level altogether. The 991.2 base traps 118 mph, the S 121 mph and the S is on the same tires faster than the M4 GTS and almost as fast as the 991.1 GT3. That says a lot.

Btw - while like their music, many would probably not agree Carnifex sounds "pleasing to the ears". That is also a total assumption that your user name is based on the band.
Appreciate 1