08-01-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Hey guys . Now this may sound stupid , but I have been looking around this forum and could not find a proper answer .

I am on the lookout for the Dinan 3.62 LSD , and wanted to know that do I have to send my diff to Dinan , or can Dinan build a new diff for me and then can refund me the value of my diff when I send it back ? Since I reside in India , it is difficult for me to take the diff out and ship it to the US , as that renders my car useless for a good month or so . And since Dinan has no email address , I can't communicate with them on this (time difference does not allow me to call them) . So , can any one chime on this with their experience with Dinan LSD's ?
I know this is not what you are asking but...DON'T BUY A 3.62:1 RATIO DIFFERENTIAL for your M-DCT equipped car.

It's not a good fit performance wise. That gear ratio doesn't work well at all with a 7-speed DCT transmission.

So basically, all of the effort needed to ship your OEM 3.15:1 diff half way around the world, and pay for the new diff (plus all the labor labor charges) will be a waste of money in my opinion.

My advice, is to use that money on more effective aftermarket performance mods like a high-performance exhaust system, pulley, high performance air filter, custom ECU tuning, wheels, or exterior body panels.

Just my .02 cents.