View Single Post
      07-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #98
moosety2009
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Maserati spyder/BMW z4

I've always admired the m3. Think its a great car, great balance etc... I currently own a 2010 GTR and I can tell you right now, the looks I get are incredible, It has appeal to such a wide audience that It surprises me every time. I've had a mid-aged woman in an SUV pull up to me and yell frantictly about what a beautiful car it is.. the proceeded to ask what it was. Similarly I had a group of 15 year old girls yell in shock from an SUV. Yes I also get the stereotypical teens who go nuts when they see it.

I honestly believe its the rareity of the car that draws so much attention. Everyone knows what a BMW is and what it looks like and a M3 is a 3 with some cosmetic upgrades. A GTR is a well.. a GTR, nothing on the road looks like it and so it has its appeal.

As far as the fit and finish it honestly hangs with the best! It's not italian or Audi R8 with all the carbon fiber. However, the stainless alumium, leather and awsome technology keeps it right up there.

The performance is truely stunning, and as far as handling, it's seriously on rails. The exhaust note on a GTR is truely unique, on full throttle it sounds like a small jet (whine from the turbos is awsome)

All in all, the BWM m3 is an icon in it's own right and appeals to most (including me), however with the GTR, I get performance, good gas milage, all wheel drive, can seat 4, and have a semi exclusive exotic for a fair price. I wouldnt call 85k cheap. As far as them sitting in dealers lots, what car isn't?

We have 4 zr1's sitting in our local dealership, I can't tell you how many m3's are sitting in both new and used bwm dealership. But locally 0 Gtr's are sitting at the dealership.

My point in all of this is that the M3 is a great car as is the GTR. They really don't compete with each other based on price point alone.

So either way a person chooses, M3 or a GTR, your getting a fantastic car! But to say if one is better than the other... I just don't think its a fair argument.

With all of this in mind, I see nothing the GTR lacks with regards to an m3.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0