View Single Post
      02-17-2020, 03:15 AM   #127
strokemycocktus
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ZCP

I've installed the shifter this weekend. Man, is that a pain in the ass haha. Removing the original one went pretty easy, I didn't even have to lower the transmission but I have an ESS xpipe so it may be different with the x moved forward. I also didn't remove the carrier since I had all the bushings already replaced (delrin front and poly 70A rear).
Installation of the new one was a pain on every step, starting with locking the coupler with that small pin and finishing with squeezing the 6 bolts that hold the basket (there's like 1.5 cm clearence ).

Driving impressions - this thing is out of this world. So precise, so solid and crisp I can't even describe it. Very satisfied. Throw reduction in my case doesn't seem too agressive but it is noticable with almost no extra effort - I don't care how much % is it, but it feels perfect to me.

NVH - I was trying really hard to hear it, but I couldn't. There is minimal whine audible at lower speeds, which was present with the bushings alone. Now it's maybe a bit louder, but gets almost immediately droned out by exhaust and road noise. For reference I have a HFC xpipe and Billy Boat rear section - probably something comparable to test pipes and a mild/sport exhaust in terms of volume.
The shifter has a bit more vibration in some rpm range, but it isn't bad at all.
Maybe the fact that the bushings have been installed about 1.5 years and over 10k km ago and I bought the shifter used has something to do with it, maybe all the parts have already "broken in" or something and that's why I don't get any unpleasant sensations, but I definitely recommend the setup I have