Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Coupe, E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexRaceParts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerikivan View Post
got it!! yea i just bought 12mm spacer on apexracing and if it doesnt clear it on removing the front pins then its time for coilovers..yea i just open a whole can of worms because once i get the coilovers i need to know what springs rates for a square setup...
We greatly appreciate the business. Please note 12mm spacers will be far too thick if you intend to use them up front with the 10.5" wheels, especially without adjustable camber plates. That would give you an effective offset of ET13.

Given your 10.5" ET25 wheel specification, your best bet would be a set of 5mm spacers (effective offset of ET20) with most suspension designs including JRZ, MCS, Ground Control, TC Kline to name a few. 3mm spacers could also work, but it is better to error on the side of caution if you have both spacer options available to you. Tires deflect under load, and you may go with a wider compound in the future so a few extra mm of strut clearance is worth it. Now you are currently running OEM suspension (with lowering springs), which takes up a little more room than the suspensions mentioned above, so you will definitely need a minimum of 5mm spacers to clear, and even with them it is going to be quite close.

Since you will be in the market for suspension soon, note that KW, Bilstein and Ohlins to name a few are not as friendly to wide wheel and tire fitments, actually taking up more room. In this scenario that results in the need for thicker spacers. Thicker spacers result in pushing the wheels further out towards the front fenders, which in turn requires more negative camber to prevent rubbing. It is very much a cause and effect relationship.

The bottom line is 18x10.5" wheels up front are best suited on a car equipped with proper suspension including adjustable camber plates, and one could argue that if you are the type of enthusiast looking for the marginal gain/benefit of 10.5" wheel over the common 10" wheel, you should have suspension addressed. I hope that makes sense.

Suspension is a whole other topic, but as you can see from above, it is important to consider how a potential suspensions will effect front wheel/tire clearance - something often overlooked. It is a slippery slope isn't it Give me a shout anytime if you would like to discuss further.

- Ryan
thx for being helpful.. so if i use a 5mm spacer will it clear the 285/35 all around.. im planning to get a fortune auto 500 on my m3 soon if i cant clear it and yes im gonna use 12mm spacer front and back...should we just discussed in private since it looks like im jacking the thread lol
Appreciate 0