04-28-2009, 03:51 AM   #163
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
For the DR GT-R lap the GT-R minimum corner speed just before Döttinger Höhe was 89 mph. If the GT-R could gain as much speed as the ZR-1 did from that point to corner exit (15 mph) Chris' corner exit speed would have been 104. I expect the actual number to be closer to 100. So his speed gain on Döttinger Höhe is in the range of 64-68 mph. I'd love to know Suzuki's corner minimum and verify his corner exit speed for this same corner.
I matched up Suzuki's 7:29 lap with Chris's lap at the point on entering this final corner prior to Döttinger Höhe and it's as plain as day that Suzuki was more committed so even without the relative data I can see he was traveling quicker and thus exited the corner on to the straight at a higher speed.

I welcome any additional opinions/data to the discussion but the opinion that Suzuki's GTR was somehow different in output over the one Chris drove and this is all down to their respective peak speeds reached at the end of this straight is simply grasping at straws in my opinion. There is too many variables and unknowns to make a concrete conclusion on this.

Bring me hard facts and I will keep an open mind but until then I am still with the belief that it was a stock GTR that was driven exceptionally well and in favorable conditions.
Appreciate 0