04-28-2009, 02:43 AM   #162
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo View Post
I did miss that. Not my intention to rehash an old debate if this has already been covered, but I happen to agree with your analysis. The GT-R's chief engineer directly confirms that the "7:29" GT-R hit a peak speed of 180 mph on that back straight so it's right in line with what you discovered in the video cut up.
No worries, the more eyes and the more investigation the better.

I can not find the quote above. Was it supposed to be in the rennteam link you provided? I was not able to determine the peak speed of the GT-R by the video Nissan provided nor from my simulation. About the only thing I determined as far as top speed for the GT-R was that it likely hit 174 mph+ and did so well before the bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo View Post
p.s., don't know if you've seen this, but here's the raw telemetry data from the "7:38" run. It shows an exit speed of roughly 106 mph onto the back straight ending up somewhere around 177 mph.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/87769-nis...-analysis.html
I can not pick off any speeds with any accuracy given these images and the large range of the speed axis especially with no increment markings. Again, what am I missing?

Lastly in comparing the max speed obtained by the GT-R in various runs don't forget the importance of the corner exit speed. Drivers republic reports minimum corner speeds, not corner exit speeds in their big article. In an effort to have something that can be directly compared with simulation I use corner exit speeds at which time one should be WOT.

For the DR GT-R lap the GT-R minimum corner speed just before Döttinger Höhe was 89 mph. If the GT-R could gain as much speed as the ZR-1 did from that point to corner exit (15 mph) Chris' corner exit speed would have been 104. I expect the actual number to be closer to 100. So his speed gain on Döttinger Höhe is in the range of 64-68 mph. I'd love to know Suzuki's corner minimum and verify his corner exit speed for this same corner.
Appreciate 0