04-28-2009, 01:38 AM   #161
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoreHead View Post
I gave up reading all the posts when I saw the number but you've said it all right there.
The fact is that the GT-R is cheaper and faster than the new M3. That's the fact. Ring times are a load of bollox no matter what the car and do you honestly and without being biased believe that the times BMW release are any more honest??? Do you think BMW go to a random owner and pay them to use their car for the timing???

Get over it. You bought your car for whatever reason you bought it. There are always going to be faster and better cars out there. Some will be more expensive (911 GT3) and some will be cheaper (GT-R) but all will be pretty much completely different.

I bought my M3 because I couldn't get a GT-R. There's still a wait list on them and the only ones that are for sale are by speculators who are looking for 40k over list for a used one. Screw them. I'll enjoy my car for the next 3 or 4 years and then take a nice long look at whats available and buy another nice car.

I know my car is nicer to drive and better put together than a Corvette Z06 but I also know the Corvette would spit me out in a drag or on a track. Know what? I don't care. I know the GT-R is a faster car in all situations and I know that even with minimal experience it will allow you to drive faster than if you were in the M3. Know what? I'm off to bed and I'll sleep like a baby.

But for God's sake lose the sad fanboy attitude. The GT-R is fantastic. No question. And to create a car that can do what it does and still weigh as much as a large elephant is nothing short of magic. Celebrate the fact that Nissan have created something that other manufacturers will kill themselves to beat leading to better 911's and better M3's etc etc.

G'night and sleep tight.

P.S.
I come from a land with no car industry so I'm not shackled with any fanboyness (is that a word? It is now). I just love fast cars.
Your post is almost entirely irrelevant to this thread and the discussion at hand.
Appreciate 0