Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo View Post
Bob,

This is what I'm referring to:

"The data trace that Mizuno is proud to take me through suggests that Suzuki is being ridiculously modest. The peak lateral G figure is 1.4 - and the car averages 1.3G from corner to corner. The GTR hits 290kph twice on its way to that lap time."

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/index.html?vs=3

Now, I'm assuming Döttinger Höhe, which is the LONG straight on the back, is where that 290 kph (~180mph) would have been recorded. If I'm wrong about that, I apologize. Still, that's 12mph faster than the max speed Chris Harris was able to coax out of his GTR on the same section. I would guess driver skill has little to do with it on that long straight. You're basically going flat out. And if I call Harris's video narration correctly, he kept the pedal to the floor in the GT-R where that was one of several places he had to lift in the GT2.

EDIT: Further analysis of that graph shows that the first 290kph instance (Schwedenkreuz) was most likely a logging glitch due to the car getting airborn for an instant. The second one appears to be real so my point still stands.
Good observations. The capability of th GT-R on Döttinger Höhe has been discussed and debated intensely here on the forum by principally the folks chatting in this thread, myself, Bruce and footie. I even ran some simulations to back up my claims. In these prior discussions much of the debate was about the GT-R vs. both the ZR-1 and ACR.

Sounds like you missed that fun, most of the discussion/debate was here: link.
Appreciate 0