View Single Post
      09-30-2008, 11:33 AM   #10
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbimmer13 View Post
I had another weird thing going on at turn 14 at Thunderhill - car stayed in 4th gear and wouldn't accept any throttle input I had to shift into N and than back into gear to get it going again - once I post the videos you can clearly see it
haha. Yeah, I have had that problem too! lol. Car basically does not respond to any throttle input, period. I found if I feathered the throttle, it would eventually respond.

My car is still at the shop with 4 or 5 (forgot how many) issues related to drivability. Stalling, ignored shift commands, skipping gears, no response from throttle input, etc.. I believe I have experienced all but ignored downshift commands under heavy braking (prolly because I have not tracked the car yet).

They have started a PuMA case and I sit and wait for a fix. It appears that they are relying on the "update" to fix these issues. I have my doubts that all of these things will be addressed by the update as I heard there is yet another in the works already. But I have my fingers crossed that it gets resolved. I bought the car to drive and enjoy, not sit at the dealer. If this does not get resolved in 30 calendar days, as required by California Lemon Law, I will probably give up and order an '09 and hope that one is "correct" when it arrives.

On a side note, the California Lemon Law was updated a few years ago to add a clause that if it is a "serious safety issue", the car can be lemoned after two failed repair attempts. This is the second visit to the dealer to resolve these issues. I consider it a serious safety issue when I have my daughter in the car, pull out to cross the street, and the car stalls! This has happened a few times! I ended up parking the car until the dealer was able to provide a loaner vehicle! Not safe to drive, period.

If it does not get fixed, I am not sure what I will do...the only other requirment of ME is to send a letter to the "manufacturer" to advise them of these issues. I am drafting a letter today just to comply with the Lemon Law criteria, just in case it comes to that. But I would rather just have it fixed correctly and be back in my car!

I will keep the forum updated with progress, info, etc. as it becomes available....
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0