Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharbag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuu View Post
Bumping my old thread.

Still never fixed the issue. Still chasing the leak
Sorry if you said you did, but have you pressure tested the plenum in the car?

I recently moved my P3 to a tap on the back of the plenum. Still testing but it is hard where I live as long, straight roads with no traffic are very rare.

When I boost tested my plenum to 10PSI I found every velocity stack coupler leaked a little.

Boost seems to read ok. I no longer see vacuum but I know I do not have leaks now after fixing everything. I still feel that sometimes it wants to make boost then it doesn't. Very odd. A new shop is supposed to be opening up locally with a dyno, so I will wait to test there some more.

Superchargers should be simple. Only other thing I can think of is a bad BV seat from time to time or belt slip. I have ordered new tensionsers as they are cheap-ish and easy to change. This will rule out belt slip for sure.

It is frustrating but stay with it. When you sort it out, you will be so happy!!
I did do a pressure test but wasn't able to locate any leaks.

I've changed out the BPV to a BOV, and my boost is tapped via EAS velocity stack for my AWRON. I had a P3 and my boost readings were similar between both gauges.

Hopefully I sort it out soon, I still have yet to enjoy full boost.

Leaning towards a blower rebuild for now and see if maybe that has been my issue.