View Single Post
      05-19-2018, 03:40 PM   #19
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
They're also humans and make mistakes. I don't understand the need to constantly crucify dealers. Sure, there are some lousy ones out there, but on the whole they're a fairly safe bet versus some of these "shops" we all hear horror stories about.
TAKE IT BACK. They should apologize, give you a new wheel and free labor. This is what happens at my work when we mess up. All fees on the deal are comp’d.

Repair shops in general are terrible

- Fletcher jones Mercedes in Newport Beach forgot to tighten my wheel lugs and I lost a couple lugs on the freeway and almost the wheel.

- sterling bmw in Newport Beach took my door panel off and pryed against the door putting a 4” wide dent and also 1” scratch down to metal. They refused to own up to it even tho the scrape went underneath the door panel.

- Irvine bmw sold me a 3 series brand new that was 3 quarts low on oil. After a year of battle and having to go every month to have them add oil (brand new car was going through 1qt per 1000 mi) bmw finally agreed to buy it back. Irvine bmw replaced the engine right before we gave the car back to bmw and after they put the new engine in it was leaking coolant and oil. So what do they do? Create fraudulent paperwork saying we picked up the car and then the problem started (vs related to engine change). This way they could fix their mistakes on bmw’s dime. Gotta love how resourceful/smart they are when to their advantage.

- Range Rover independent shop did $1500 of work on my sport recently including an alignment. I got the car back with the steering wheel 15 degrees off, took it back and no improvement. After this I decided to dig in myself and measured the front toe at 1/2”!! (Should be 1/16”). Never received an alignment print out (prob never did the work). Took back again and they gave me the before/after. The car had 10x the amount of toe as expected.
Appreciate 0