Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePe92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92friendly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92friendly View Post
I am clueless as to why they removed the quarter glass and detriment other exterior pieces. The only things that should have been removed were the front and back glass and of course some interior pieces like head liner and corner pieces interior only. Did you have paint work done to your car? If not you've been screwed over unneeded labor. How much did that run you if you don't mind me asking? I am quite curious on labor costs.
How can you clamp down the roof for the adhesive bonding material to set unless you pull the quarter glass?

I thought the same thing in the beginning, but i think the shop who performed this job went above and beyond to do it correctly. Whether that equals a high price tag is TBD.
Oh snap I totally over looked that 🤦*♂️ crap. Haha. I'm thinking like welding in the panel. Carbon roof process is different.
That's correct. They had to pull the rear quarter glass to properly clamp the roof down for the adhesive. Here's a shot during that point of the process. It was definitely a big job but the shop went above and beyond to do everything they could to be as close to factory spec as possible. They even used BMW factory adhesive and curing agents (or so I was told..). Overall I'm very pleased with the outcome. Now I just need to figure out the best option to protect it! Any suggestions? Ceramic coating, 3M, XPel?
And here's what the old panel looks like after removal. Still have it if anyone is interested!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0