Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: TTE92 m3/ F10 CP M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrecio84 View Post
with titanium rods, there is more mass with less weight for better strength so that I never bend a rod again. Redline is going to be around 10k rpm so I want those things as bulletproof as possible
Be careful with ti rods, you might not bend one but it will shatter like glass. Whoever is doing the build really needs to know what they are doing to make it live.
Going from 9k to 10k rpm is very difficult. You need limit speed data on the springs for that, ti valves, ti retainers and locks etc. It will not stay together if you dont.
Not getting in your business but make sure the builder knows what they are doing. You need to be piston guided not rod guided and the rods MUST be coated on the cheeks or it will destroy the crank. Make sure the crank is manufactured with the correct bob weight for that setup. You dont want to get the crank in the door and it is 300 grams off as that will be hard to get the weight off and keep the rotational out of balance in the correct angular places. If you have questions feel free to contact me.
Thanks man much appreciated. Gintani is building the motor so they def know what they're doing but I'll pass on this info. Everything is being balanced and done right from my understanding.

GINTANI TWIN TURBO E92/F10 M5
Appreciate 0