12-03-2014, 10:43 AM   #91
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Come on man, you must understand that Auto Bilds car of the year is just a popularity contest, the people that votes have'nt even drove the car!! lol

And yes Evos test is a subjective one but so as any sport that use judges to determine a winner, does that make the results irrelevant!? No! Specially in a situation where all of the judges ranked the M3 in the last and second to last position, that says a lot!!

IMO, the new M3 IS a disapointment because it falls short of expectations in many categories, high expectations created by the previous M3 models. And trust me when I say that I wanted to like it and maybe eventually order one to replace my E92 and Evo X but this model just does'nt attract me. I'm sure that the next RS5 will be a much better package for most people then the F8x, mostly because of AWD but I'm expecting a better engine also, one that will sound great and will be easilly tunable via ECU. And franckly, I'm not in love with the look either, I think they tried too hard with the front end!
So is the Evo test...by 8 or 10 car journos. The F8X is much more fun to drive (tons of low end torque), is faster than my E92 on the track and in a straight, more aggressive, sportier styling, better mpg. Amazing cabin sound.
I was like you untill I test drove the F8X.

My lord, what a disappointment!
Appreciate 0