12-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #89
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner
As I have said before, what has been the biggest complaints from current M3 owners:

1. Not enough torque
2. bad fuel economy
3. gas guzzler tax
4. car weight

So BMW goes out and builds a lighter, faster car that gets better fuel economy and has no gas guzzler tax.

The new car is for the 95% average M3 driver who leases the car for 3 years, wants a new car and stays in the family, drive it daily and do not track. Cayman is way to small and not practical, the 911 and gtr are over 100k, the mustang is too down market, and the lexus, despite na, is still a lexus with an ugly puss and auto slush box.

So, first new rule, if you have not really driven the new car, temper your opinions, it comes off as shrill and jealous. If you have blast away! I have not and will reserve till I get some seat time.
Ya people buying a 60-80k car are sure getting mad about that 1k tax. I would say most people buying new the gas tax was not a problem. In fact I was happy to see it.

The only thing I see people really complain about is the lack of torque. But if getting more torque means my car will have a small turbo engine that sounds like shit. No thanks
Appreciate 0