Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Absolutely a dicotomy with cryptocurrency. I suspect it's like the early days of the phone, computer, or internet. It's so vastly different than anything experienced before it that it can be tough to navigate.
There are a lot of tech savvy people who compare it to the internet. Some estimates put crypto technology adoption comparatively to the early 90's of the internet or early 2000's flip phones. Remember cryptocurrency is not just a decentralized currency, a lot of the blockchains are platforms to build off of.

I'm no expert by any means and I still have a hard time trying to understand it, but with the technology expanding and Institutional investor's taking a serious look at it, it's only a matter of time before it becomes part of everyday life.

The market cap for bitcoin alone is now 1 trillion usd, with alt coins it's closer to 2 trillion. The person saying that investing in bitcoin going to 100K is only a 2x multiplier and that they can invest it in stocks and get greater returns doesn't understand market caps. It's way harder for bitcoin to 2x because of the 1 trillion market share. That's like pushing AAPL's price to $260 2x of it's current price, it's going to require a ton of volume. OP if you would have bought bitcoin at 10 dollars when it's market cap was low, what's the multiplier from that price to now...exactly.

There's multiple alt coins that have the potential to 10-20x within this bull cycle which some estimates end it in September. The problem like you said is navigating and access to the exchanges. Which I believe will become easier as the platform evolves. Maybe in time for the next bull run. Again do your own DD, but I believe ETH will cement it's future in blockchain and BTC will cement it's status as a store of value (it kind of sucks as a blockchain)

Last edited by ErvGotti; 04-24-2021 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 0