10-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #34
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarecrowBoat View Post
So you go from, if humans cause global warming via industrial effects, then we should all have less children so less people exhale C02....to there's not enough environmental data...to there's a huge salt deposit from a lake that dried up and then came back

...therefore humans don't have an effect on the environment. I suppose evolution doesn't have enough evidence for you either?
Holy crap, no; wow, did you miss the point. All activity on the Earth affects the environment, whether it be you going No. 2 in a toilet, a chimpanzee making a stick into a tool to get ants from an ant mound, a volcano erupting in Krakatau, reforestation of the Amazon river basin, Henry Ford conceiving of mass production (thanks to Eli Whitney too!), or a meteorite slamming into the Yucatan. Pointing to Man's industrial activity as the sole variable that will drastically change the environment, where the Earth becomes inhabitable for life, is megalomaniacal thought of the highest level.

The salt deposit mined in Cleveland was created without any intervention of human effect on the environment. The environment changed all by itself in such a drastic way that the ancient sea dried up and left a salt deposit, which now supports a whole bunch of humans who work at the mine. So if you really think about it, environmental change actually helps humans live, not kill them off.

My silly point about limiting how many children people may produce is tied to your concept that industrialization is changing the planet. The birth and support of children, well children lucky enough to be born into the Western civilizations anyway, consume over their lifetimes massive amount of industry (I see no issue with it mind you); all of it eventually killing the planet. So logically, not having children will save the planet, limiting the amount of children will slow down the rate at which the planet will die. If we were all to just stop now having children, we’ll save the planet; if we all stop driving now, we’ll save the planet.
Appreciate 0