03-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #1861
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Here my thing with Astons. They arent the fastest around a corner, and they arent the quickest in a straight line. But goddamn theres something about them that you just fall in love with.

Also have you heard a refreshed V8 Vantage with an exhaust?
Wow. Like I said, i certainly understand the appeal I'm just a Porsche whore at heart, the first clear memory I have of a car involved holding tools for my grandfather when he'd work on his 911s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
It was a late birthday present from the girlfriend once she knew we were going on this trip. It was fun, but I was somewhat underwhelmed. Almost as if I was constantly expecting... more?

It was a hell of a lot of fun to drive, don't get me wrong, but I just don't know if I would want one anymore. Maybe having one that I customized to the way I wanted things and something that wasn't a rental might be better. Gear changes felt slow and the car didn't seemed as "refined" as I was hoping for. Granted, my GT-R probably skews my view on some of those things.
Lol those damn GT-Rs spoil people, so much performance and competence for the money. IMO for 'refinement' it's the Germans who do it best. Italian cars will always shoot for flare and drama over refinement. While Hanz is studying the acoustic properties of a door chime in Germany, Francisco is likely figuring out how to add more flare to a fender. Different priorities I bet the 458 absolutely screams up top though..

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0