View Single Post
      06-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #61
Eddy@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
What would be the correct size to order if you would like to run a 285/35/18 Square set up..

Sidenote: Eddie, I sent you two emails regarding these wheels and still have not received a response.
I will PM you regarding the email issue. I'm not sure what happened that prevented us from receiving your question.

There is no correct size to fit 285/35/18 on the M3 unless the car is a dedicated race car. 285/35/18 is significantly taller than stock, and this tire will be very close to the suspension.

You have to keep the lower spring perch above the tire for a fitment like this to work on the M3, and due to the overall diameter of the tire, it's not feasable at useable offsets to get the 285 into the right position.

If you install a 285/35/18 that is physically as narrow as a 265 or 275 from another brand (sidewall to sidewall) then you can get a 285 to fit. But there is no point in doing this as the goal is not to run a tire with "285" written on the sidewall, but instead to run a tire that is wider and faster than a 275 option.

You'd have to be willing to test the setup and potentially fail if you were to try this fitment. It would need maximum negative camber, rolled front fenders, and a spacer to push the tire away from the strut tube.

275/35/18 is the better size because of this.