View Single Post
      10-01-2009, 04:52 AM   #14
woochungklan009
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3

I had a 2003 WRX and was looking for a new car. I test drove the GT500 and was not impressed. I thought it was a beautiful car and the roar of the V8 was pretty darn awesome. However, I pulled some hard corners (enough to make the salesman just about shat himself ) and it just didn't feel right. I personally thought they should have gone with independent suspension to go with that awesome engine. I guess the best way to describe it would be to say that Ford took Marissa Miller's face and planted it on Margret Cho's body. I ended up keeping my Subaru until... I found myself in Germany one day so decided test drive the M3. I thought driving down the Autobahn was cool, but that was nothing compared to taking that sucker to the back roads of Germany on M Drive. Almost no roll on the hardest corners and I did not feel that the car was underpowered on the straight aways either. Needless to say I ordered a almost fully loaded 2009 E92 (minus cold weather since I'm in cali/ moon roof since I prefer the carbon fiber top/ and the awesome dual clutch since I'm still more of a traditionalist), and I've been enjoying the treacherous roads of Southern Cali for about a year now.

So after all of that jargon, I guess my conclusion is this. Test Drive both but when you do, push that sucker to the best of your driving abilities. The sales guy wouldn't want to lose the sale by upsetting you so they probaby won't say anything. And if it's "fun" you want, you won't know which one will be more fun for you driving down local roads at 35mph. Just watch out for cops and good luck to you. Let us know which one you choose.
Appreciate 0