EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPLV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
What's this myth that "totaled" cars won't ever drive the same again?!?! There's plenty on the road and plenty of drive without issue. I've had a few totaled/salvage vehicles that's you'd never know unless you were looking in repaired areas. These cars are built in pieces making it rather easy to repair. Hell, replacing a roof on these cars is super simple. A rear quarter, suspension pieces and airbags, this thing is ready to roll with little idea it's been repaired. This stigma salvage vehicles are bad is ignorant. This isn't 1980.
No one on these forums will ever pay pre-accident value for that car, even after it is repaired to absolute perfection after being t-boned (the most unnatural direction for any car to travel).

The vast majority would run the opposite direction regardless of your flawless anecdotal experience.

If it was shown/proven that repaired "totaled" performance cars consistently performed the same afterwards the prices wouldn't be so much less for them.
People on this forum are a very small % of people who buy and sell cars. There are plenty of people who will pay less for a car due to it being in an accident but repaired properly. I was one of those people. Now, my financial situation has allowed me to be more specific but in the grand scheme of things, an E9x that's been repaired properly and one that's never been in a wreck will provide, generally, the level of happiness to their owners. This idea that a severe wreck which caused a high price tag of damage makes the car inferior cause it doesn't fit your liking is retarded. This car will be repaired by someone and enjoyed for far less than what us will "clean cars" paid.