10-26-2017, 11:56 AM   #54
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
1" = 25.4mm, so 3mm is not 1/4". Does anybody on this forum have any technical knowledge?? these tolerances are per manufacturer. also you are assuming the worst is that it will be +3mm one way and -3mm the other making a 6mm gap, which is incorrect. the overall tolerance is +-3mm max.

I'm done, I will not share any more of my knowledge on this topic, its falling on deaf ears.
LOL. I'm an engineer for a metric industrial gearbox manufacturer. I work within thousandths of millimeters and have plenty of technical knowledge. Notice I said "... near 1/4" spectrum of tolerance...". Tolerance spectrum (range) total from LMC to MMC is 6.00mm which is 0.35mm less than 1/4". So yes, a near 1/4" spectrum. Does anyone on this forum have any reading comprehension knowledge??

Not trying to start a pissing match, I just found it wild that crucial bits can go 3mm either way from nominal. I'm sure it's difficult to "bend" something back to nominal; I just would have assumed that it would be more precise is all

-T.O.
Appreciate 0