04-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I was shooting RAW and JPG. I wish this camera would let me shoot RAW and small/low res JPG because I only use the JPGs to browse the pictures. I'm not using any specific noise supression.
what are you using for image downloading programs?

I've only just started to shoot raw only because i've realized how easy it is (with the right software) to make a tiny jpeg after to help with the browsing.

I'm using DxO and if i just convert all my CR2 files to 600 pixel jpegs that fit beside the CR2, they take no room on the camera, and next to no space on my computer.

only problem with doing this method is that if you go to someone elses house and upload your photos to their computer, you're just going to upload CR2 files and they likely won't have a program to deal with them.

I tend to carry around one of those 11" laptops with me and DxO requires very little ram to run, so i can do this on the go. The benefit to this is i also always have extra hard drive space at hand, so if i fill a memory card, i just empty it onto my mini laptop and continue shooting.

It's also nice because when i end up shooting at the horse events i go to, the girls all like to sift through the pictures, so i just hand the laptop to them and i can keep taking pictures instead of them hanging onto the camera and wasting valuable time.
Appreciate 0