View Single Post
      12-01-2020, 04:19 PM   #1575
cannyjock
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzio2020 View Post
Just want to chime in about that. I do not have this issue with mine. It works perfectly with the quadlock aux coding and does not reset itself to 0 volume. I also tested the centre console aux prior to coding and don’t notice any difference in sound quality when using the quadlock aux vs. the centre console aux. I don’t notice any ground loop whine when volume is turned up and no music playing.

If anyone is planning to code the CIC and/or doesn’t want communication errors when scanning with ISTA/other diagnostic software then I’d recommend just running the iDrive controller extension cable. It’s simple to do on an E9X by just pulling up on the centre console. I chose not to run the iDrive controller extension cable because removing the centre area on an E70 was more work than it was worth.

If anyone has questions regarding the coding or which connectors need to be plugged into what then PM me and I can walk you through it. I did post a picture a few pages back, but it might not make sense until you have your unit and harness in your hands.
Thanks - I'll check the AUX volume again, not been in the car this week.
Appreciate 0