View Single Post
      07-20-2019, 04:57 AM   #9894
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

I'm the other side of this, the F series made a bigger leap than the E9x did vs the E46. Little tangible improvements where the "front knuckle is basically the same" but everyone has the same feedback - it's more neutral and gets away with far less camber than E series BMWs. It also manages to put down bulk torque with that active "cheater" diff unlike our diffs (and the E46, E60).
I suppose they just need to trickle down to people who have more ability to get the most out of it.

There is a E92 GTS in the hands of a former pro tin-top racer... he is 3 seconds faster in his M4 GTS on a 1:39 vs 1:42 lap at the same circuit. He doesn't drive it as often because tyre choice is "limited". Pretty sure that laptime was out the box on the Cup2 whereas the M3 GTS was either on A050/Z221.

On another circuit, the pro in the E92 M3 GTS is basically matched by a N55 M2 with camber plates, Ohlins R&T, Z221s. Let that sink in.

I can't talk about 'Vettes and the better than base GT 'Stang. They're not sold or popular here. The C8 will potentially change that.

We can all play laptimes but I bet that's not why we're here. Go have fun.
Appreciate 0