United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SC E90 M3 / 13 F10 M5

Garage List
2009 E90 M3 (superc ...  [10.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
Chris from HG said when the car came in from Texas he never saw any smoke or issues when they started the car and ran it. If you noticed smoke before the car went to HG you should have mentioned something to them so that they could have inspected the car before you drove it around CA and the Targa Trophy event.

Ticking does not always equal an issue on these cars. There are plenty of M3's that have ticking including my current 2013 which sometimes has it. In your case it could or could not be related but there is no question that driving that car on 89/91 octane for even 1 day most likely caused engine damage.

As posted already when you buy a used supercharged car or a new kit for your car it is vital that you are responsible in how you use it and always follow the guidelines set by the vendor.
I had bmw inspect the car when it was in Texas and they said everything was okay.

It was an abnormal ticking you could hear bouncing off walls or a sidewalk like some have described. I'm not blaming anyone or the kit.