View Single Post
      06-16-2022, 03:33 PM   #6
Hein Jockins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340, 08 E92 M3

I'm very familiar with the greater Birmingham real estate market and would know all of the pros/cons of the neighborhoods. I'm not sure if Birmingham is an option for you, but almost any of the proxy neighborhoods outside of the city would meet your requirements (contingent obviously on the land/home meeting it's on requirements).

If you're looking for a relatively affordable situation, Sterrett, Vandiver, Chelsea, and Leeds all have somewhat affordable acreage (20ac+). You'll definitely find dollar generals out there but that's how the country is, but all are within 15-30 minutes to downtown Birmingham.

If you'd be okay with a smaller parcel like <10ac, you could find more suburban/country living in areas like Alabaster, Helena, GArdendale, Trussville, and rural Bessemer.

Its Alabama, so there's loads of rural, pastoral, wooded, lake, etc. lands. Birmingham is an awesome city with a great food scene and lots of history. Huntsville has grown a lot within the past decade, too but I'm not familiar with that market.
Appreciate 0