View Single Post
      03-10-2022, 12:55 PM   #1
jp1984
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: an E92

Thumbs up Gearhead DIY Automotive Supercenter Review - Incredible

Hi friends,

I recently preformed some work at Gearhead DIY Automotive Supercenter in Warwick Rhode Island Website :

http://www.gearheadri.com/

In a word, the experience is incredible. This shop has over 200 reviews and the average is 4.9 stars for Google Reviews. I do not think I have found any other establishment as publicly applauded as this one. I tried Googling a couple companies to see if that was common and No Way, Rons Gearhead DIY is just that good For Reference :

https://www.google.com/search?client...gearheads+diy#

What makes this shop so special is by far the ownership. Ron and his wonderful wife Cheryl are the friendliest, most knowledgeable and helpful/helping duo. I preformed a brake job on my sisters Jeep. The job was so ridiculously easy by going to Gearheads. Ron will bring your car inside and put it on the lift for you and even get it at a good height for your work. Ron was around to ask any questions and help with your job, in my case my sisters rear calipers were fried. Ron stuck around and diagnosed the problem with us and showed us some small car-life hacks where and when we had trouble.

With the calipers needing replacing (we didnt plan for that part of the brake job, thus we didnt have it) we needed to order some new rear calipers. Gearheads DIY has a working relationship with an Auto store up the street. Within 15-20 minutes we had the parts delivered to us free of charge. That is so awesome because it means it cut out a 15 minute drive there, shopping/getting the parts/ 10 more minutes wasted, and another 15 minute drive back. This awesome bonus, lets you order the part, have it delivered and not lose the body and time (40 min total) that would go into getting the parts yourself.

Somehow I was able to write all of that without even mentioning the tools/hardware available. (I think that is a testament to the shop experience being so good). The shop is equipped to handle literally any job imaginable. I went to Gearheads DIY because I read about it in Shadow's DIY (he deserves credit for shop discovery) for rod bearings. While I wouldn't do rod bearings myself (go knowing what you are doing, dont take up Rons whole day! ), I am suggesting you keep in mind that this shop has everything you need to complete a major service like that, so that smaller service you are thinking about doing is going to be very manageable here. And remember, the owner and other DIY'ers are around and happy to help. You get "free help" when you get stuck and you will walk out knowing the person that cares most about your car did the service.

TLDR

Get your hands dirty, do what you can by yourself, do it at Gearhead DIY Automotive Supercenter This DIY auto shop seriously gets an A+++++.
Appreciate 2
Davey2767.50
BFZ4M9.50