View Single Post
      04-04-2024, 03:47 AM   #38
e90sanmarino
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Congrats on the stroker build. Mine has been swapped from the e90 dct into the e92 6mt, and every time I drive it, it's really something.

If Carbahn has a tune for a 4.6 stroker with the 292 cams, that is new news. I didn't have any issues getting stroker #2 warrantied when it failed during tuning. When you disassemble an engine, you can easily see predetonation on the pistons, so it's not like the tune could have killed the engine and no one can see evidence of that during disassembly.
When stroker #2 failed, it went back to Carbahn and they disassembled it, then ruled out tuning, and warrantied the engine.

If Carbahn has a tune, I'm curious to see a dyno!
Thank you man. I invested quite a lot of time following your thread, which ultimately influenced my decision to proceed with the purchase. I am genuinely intrigued to witness the performance of the BPM tune. Looking ahead, I contemplate conducting comparative dyno sessions, alternating between the Carbahn tune and BPM tune within the same day to visually illustrate the disparities in performance.
Appreciate 0