07-15-2018, 08:45 AM   #148
ThunderMoose
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: PY E46 M3 and SG E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
[Update]
Friday July 13th I had a track day at NYST with a professional race driver instructor for the whole day. . It was fantastic experience.

He installed his Solo DL new version and matching camera. I had a fresh set of Yoko ADO8R. Without making any changes by the second session I was doing 1:38s and best time of 1:38.2 is within a second if my best time.

He then rode with me one session to feel the car and observe my input then he drove the car himself. He sure had to be cautious, prime goal of course was not to put my car ar the trees. He used 3rd gear a lot and we got Temp warning. This is the first time i get this message. But this is not important. His time was around 1:42/1:43 but he learned a lot and we where also two people in the car.

In the afternoon session he had enough data to start making changes. First he crank the rebound and the compression way more than I did. Then we agreed on another line in few corners that he felt will work better.

The videos between his lines and mine allow us to see exactly where the car was pointing and the data showed how much brake and gas he used and how much I used.

By the time we made all the changes we had three sessions left, 2, 3 and 4.

typicall I do my best time in the morning at the 10 and 11 sessions. probably because the track hits up and there is less grip. In numbers it means i am doing 1:38/1:39 in the morning, then the afternoon sessions would be 1:42/1:43.

ow here is the the thing, After we made the changes and stiffen the car, and after we chose few lines that were different, My 3 and 4 sessions were 1:38/1:39. And I am not talking best time. I am talking lap after lap after lap.

This could mean a 1:35/1:36 in the morning sessions which is my goal for this year.

Time will tell. Next track day is end of July
So where did you end up with your settings?
Appreciate 0