View Single Post
      06-10-2018, 08:17 AM   #136
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

[Update]
June 8th track days was put together with a new organization. 15 cars showed up and the weather was perfect at NYST.

We were divided into 3 groups yielding 20min sessions. By the afternoon we were running 2 groups with 30min sessions. Obscene

Tires. My 6 track day old cheap 2014 Yoko rears still had some tread left so I just mounted a new set of 2013 Kumho on the front.

Again I was running a variety of 1:41 - 1:43 trying various lines, gears and approaches. Curiously rather than melting the Kumhos I was shredding them into fine rubber strips that accumulated in the crevices of the wheels. Interesting.

The front passenger tire temps were even and I was running temps up to 180 coming off the track. I let it go up to 41 psi. Granted with all the limitations of one person operation in non professional settings

The driver front had a different results. the inside was running at 180, but the middle and outside were at 130-150 range. So from that perspective, the -3.0 camber taking its toll.

The rears were much lower temps, that might be normal or not. But basically i am not creating friction there. Perhaps results of the higher gears "momentum" experiments.

[Aero]
I moved the GTS wing one notch down to see if it will help with the 100mph left turn on Turn 8. I could use a bit more grip, especially when my tank gets empty. Unfortunately, I did it after refilling gas so I have to wait until next time to see its effect with emptier tank

I am internally debating if I should mount already the ADO8R for the June 30th and see for real what is going on. The car is spot on now and it is time to get into the 1:37s and see.

Right after Friday track day, It was time to drive up to Montreal and see Formula1 qualifying on Sat. and today the Formula1 race. Weather is perfect and I should see how they take their 40mph turns. Perhaps I can learn something.
Appreciate 0