View Single Post
      03-30-2024, 07:24 PM   #10
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by a5m View Post

M3SQRD I'm very surprised to hear your negative experience with TCK. Probably the first I've read. I got the sense you were talking in the context of track performance? I'm not looking to ever track my car so need ultimate street comfort. Perhaps they're not that bad in that regard?
100% street use on my wife’s e92 M3. It literally felt like you’re driving a car with blown dampers. Zero control of weight transfer in normal braking and cornering. It took forever for the car to finally take a set. It wasn’t the spring rates because I was running Moton SS on my other e92 M3 with similar F/R 350/620 lbf/in rates. Additionally, it had poor control of wheel motion and impacts. It felt like you were on a boat in choppy water which is what made my wife nauseous/car sick. Even with rebound maxed out, there was no improvement. I’m the first? I find that very surprising.

I had used Koni yellows on my ‘00 s2000 when they were first released and they did a very good job of controlling/minimizing body motions and wheel disturbances. Their performance on the s2000 was the main reason why I decided to try the TCK SA setup on the e92 M3. There weren’t many street suspension options in 2011-2012 for < $4k which also factored into my decision. Ohlins R&T weren’t released yet and it would have been my first choice for an e9x M3 street setup based on my experience with the R&T on my R56 Mini CS. Based on my personal experience, I would not recommend the TCK SA or DA setups for the street or track.
Appreciate 1
a5m617.00