View Single Post
      02-28-2017, 10:17 AM   #3
///MTex
Rep
Drives: '15 Azurite Black F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
I should have posted the solution to this earlier, but I thought my situation was unique, especially since no one else seems to have had the same issues. My car may have had these issues because I had to replace my engine about 1.5 yrs ago due to rod bearing damage. Since then, I've had to deal with a number of issues, this being one of them.

The codes indicated there was a problem with the coils. I tried new coils, but the problem didn't go away. I finally took it to my local indy shop. They worked through a similar diagnostic test, but couldn't find anything wrong w/the coils. From there, they decided to focus on combustion rather than ignition, looking for air leaks or poor fuel delivery.

Eventually, they found a couple of the injectors were not seated properly. They raised and cleaned the injectors and ports, reseated them properly, and this solved all of the problems. I can only theorize that this problem was due to complications of the engine replacement so it may not be the same solution for you, but the diagnostic process may be helpful in resolving your issue.
Appreciate 0