11-11-2020, 05:48 AM   #86
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaM3 View Post
I've always wondered the same thing.

I only have a 2 car garage, but I have an FJ Cruiser for off-roading, a Tesla Model 3 for the commute, a VW CC that my wife can abuse, and my M3... all the cars are paid off except the Tesla.

I do want to get a Porsche... likely a 4.0 718 GTS but that means 5 cars when really I should get down to 2 cars.

But getting into the e90 manual M3 on the weekends feels so good... I don't think I'd ever get rid of it.

Maybe post pandemic I could get down to 3 cars (M3, 718 GTS, and Rivian/ Hummer EV/ Cyberteuck) and alternate between cycling/ train to work and using the Rivian on other days to get to work. Then on other days my wife can use the Rivian.
I'm also super interested in an electric truck in the distant future, I think they make the perfect daily driver/utility car. I toyed with the idea of getting rid of my Tundra Platinum for an F97 to have an all M fleet, but I find the truck bed so convenient. And it's so nice to have a cushy ride after a long day at work.

I've also toyed with the idea of downsizing from 4 cars to 3 (electric truck, E92 M3 and Boxster Spyder), but realized that the combined $ of these vehicles would far exceed what I have now. Heck I could go to 5 cars (add used F87) and still cost less. I think I prefer having many driving experiences vs having a more exotic fleet if that makes sense.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0