01-31-2018, 10:40 PM   #346
Dr. Dre
the doctor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
I've bought 7 new BMWs, 3 were M3's. Technically, the X5 is a lease, but the rest were purchased new (3 euro delivery).

You have to get people hooked on your product one way or another. Having your product eat its engine is not terrific marketing, unless they are catering to masochists.

I do agree that once it is out of warranty it's not their problem. It may not even hurt their business to lose potential future customers as they seem to sell quite a few cars (though sales were down significantly in 2017).

Regardless, they made a design error. I wish they'd own up to it.

You're the exception. Just being on this forum it seems that most of us on here bought their M3 used. It's more likely that if your engine failed BMW would probably provide some assistance or even replace your engine under goodwill. You've provided BMW with significant profits for each vehicle you've purchased.

Someone like me has provided no real profits to BMW NA. Why should they help me if my engine fails. Why should they open their pockets and spend thousands for someone that has not spent any money with BMW.
Appreciate 1
admranger2989.00