Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
When I ran the Liqui Moly fuel system conditioner it was the first time and that would have been now six months ago. I am wondering whether I should run some injector cleaner every six months. But then I have to worry about the effect it cleaner might have on the oil. Any idea?
I'd agree with NOT running it so often, effects on oil and fuel system seals may not be cool. Well if you ran it 6 months prior, seems that's just the carbon build up from short trips or stop-and-go. Have the new plugs dramatically made a difference in the power delivery/economy? They may have been operating correctly even with some carbon buildup. I'm going to check my gap on these this weekend, using a wire gapper and measuring from the back side of the ground electrode to the insulator (air gap). Unfortunately, I don't have any new plugs as a reference unless I order a single plug.