View Single Post
      03-05-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3, DCT.

Updated pics and price - 2009 M3 DCT - 91k miles

Hi folks. Considering selling the M3. Why? I don't know, I know I'll regret it! Really though, I've been looking at Nobles for a few years now and the time might be right to start getting serious so I need to get some cash. The consensus on this site seems to be that the value would be somewhere between $26k and $29k. I would take $24k but if you want to pay me more I'll take it, haha. I'll get some more photos up when it gets a little warmer or PM me if you're interested and I'll get some over to you.

It is a 2009 E92 with carbon fiber roof, CF splittlers and spoiler (not OEM) DCT and ~89k miles. Melbourne Red wrapped in 3M satin silver. Wrap looks good but needs about a day's work this spring to get it back to 100% (it's just starting to peel in a few areas around the bumper contours).

Here's where it gets a little tricky. I did not know it when I purchased the car but it has had a respray. I believe this is due to being keyed because the Carfax was clean, it was CPO from BMW and the guy who pointed out the paint issue showed me where it had been keyed on the trunk. I'm not sure if it's every panel because it's not obvious and the respray is probably 90% as good as OEM. However I know that is going to ding the value. It didn't really bother me too much but I wrapped the car so now I obviously don't even think about it. I can pull the wrap or leave it on, I don't really care.

Other than that the car has been mechanically flawless. Turn in Concepts in Cincinnati replaced the rod bearings at around 60k and they told me the crank looked new. They also installed the coilovers. I track the car few times a year and it's always been solid as a rock. Interior is good but has the typical peeling vinyl around the window switches. Leather is what you would expect and looks pretty good for a car with 89k miles.

Now for the good part, the car is lowered on KW V3 with Ground Control camber plates, has Stoptech ST60 and ST40 brakes, Turner test pipes and a Megan axle back (sounds incredible). BPM tune. Forgestar CF5V with good MPSS tires 275/30/19 & 295/30/19.

Anyway, I really want to sell local so you can see the car before making any decisions. I know if someone out of Ohio wants it they'll try to lowball and I'm not interested in just dumping it.
Attached Images

Last edited by JD3; 08-09-2018 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: Updated pics
Appreciate 1