View Single Post
      10-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #122
DirtBag335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
A new injection system that has been mentioned in other threads quite alot but nobody seems to have put two and two together. I had a long talk with BMW factory reps the other day. They will come out with more changes than anyone is expecting with the LCI version coming in the Spring. Two things...first, the white M3 seen on the ring with the big "ugly" wing on the back that everyone was complaining about will become a reality. It is going to be limited production but from what I was told from "those in the know" at BMW corporate, it should be available as an option by the summer known as "HSP" or Hyper Sport Package. It will also include a special "aero nose cone". The injection systems is known as "KERS" or "Kerosene Enriched Rocket Solution". This solution was a real breakthrough and was developed in conjunction with NASA. BMW has estimated that these breakthroughs when combined will yield sub 10 second quarter mile times and shave at least 10 seconds off current ring times.

Well, I hope that clears everything up for all of you so now you don't have to wait for NOV 3 -8!

Cheers

Sub 10 second 1/4 mile? I don't think that is even close to accurate, that is what a veyron does on a good run. Would be pretty cool to see what they can do with KERS though.
Appreciate 0