View Single Post
      02-26-2015, 07:25 PM   #35
SuckaGDog
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5, C63 AMG Black Series

My M5 has an Evolve tune with headers (no cats) and the only thing that is not ready is secondary O2 monitoring (to prevent check engine light). If everything is applied correctly on the tune from them then the problem must be the drive cycle not being performed correctly. I pass state inspection with no problems.

Basic rules for drive cycle no heavy throttle input, keep rpms below 3k, and avoid speeds that will exceed the 3k rpm limit, usually 60mph or so depending on the gearing. There is an official document from BMW that is given to techs to preform drive cycles, but I had it down to a science each time I was required to get a car ready for state so I don't have it with me. It would take me about 30 miles or so to get all systems ready, although some cars would be on the opposite sides of the spectrum.

Just wanted to pass this along to say it is possible to pass with an Evolve tune (no Alpha N). A supercharger with tune that is a different story..

A local buddy of mine has an E60 M5 with ESS VT2 and he has not been able to pass state inspection despite numerous tunes from ESS. A majority of his emission monitors are never ready even with stock section 1-2.

Last edited by SuckaGDog; 02-26-2015 at 07:38 PM..
Appreciate 0