Powashiftin
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M43S7RO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powashiftin View Post
I agree but to me it sounds more like the 4 pipe mod. The 4 pipe mod with test pipes is a bit raspy at 4kish RPM. The Corsa with test pipes is not raspy and super clean sounding. It's a bit louder (in a good way) up to 5k RPM. After that, it's a bit quiet. I'll probably end up getting the BW x pipe with resonators for a bit more volume up top.

OP, Sounds good. A tad too raspy for me though but it could be the video. Thanks for posting.
Certainly has some rasp, especially in the low revs. The video is pretty accurate to what I hear real world in the external mic video.

I tried the Macht Schnell pipe and ESS dual-resonated x-pipe previously with the Corsa and both left more to be desired up top as you mention. Getting rid of the resonators entirely was the next logical step for me. I guess maybe I could try the smaller resonator's of the resonated BW pipe (compared to the ESS resonators) but I'm done experimenting with it. I'm good with where its at. The current setup does not drone and that is far worse than a little rasp.

After my experience, I've concluded it's a game of trade-offs. Doesn't seem you can have a loud top end without some rasp in the low-end with the Corsa.
I installed the bimmerworld resonated x pipe today and am extremely happy with the sound with the Corsa mufflers. It sounds high pitched and exotic. Very very VERY minor rasp for literally a split second. Clean, high pitched tone all the way up to red line. Quiet when you need it to be and ZERO drone.

I don't have a recording setup like the OP but if you're in north NJ and want to hear the setup, I'd be more than happy to let you.

Highly recommend Corsa with the BW X pipe!
Appreciate 2