View Single Post
      11-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #6
AUTiger13
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 50i

I have had this issue multiple times as well. I have taken it into the dealer 3-4 times to have this fixed (luckily my factory warranty doesn't expire until 08/15) and they say its the actuator/piston that latches the roof to the car. I know that was a terrible explanation but as soon as it stops raining, I will run out and grab the mechanics notes and post them up on here.

Either way, they have tightened it up 3-4 times and if I did not have a warranty, it would have cost me ~$1,300 each time. It definitely solves the issue but if you drive over roughish roads, it will come back. It has just now started to come back to the point of me wanting to take the car back in but need some advice on how to approach my SA (he's been great so far but I want to explain to him that the car will be out of warranty 9 months, that this is a reoccurring problem that has been documented many times with my car, and its ridiculously expensive for a rattle fix). There has to be a permanent solution to this. Do I try to elevate to BMWNA for a replacement roof, Lemon, etc?
Appreciate 0